Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm Ga-ga for Gala

This week I kept hearing buzz about the Met Gala, and honestly.. had no idea what it was. Thankfully, there's Google! I'm sure I'm not the only one, so here's a little 4-11 for the rest of you who are in the dark -- 


The Met Ball is a yearly event hosted by the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute for all the celebrity fashionistas out there. Who decides the ultra-exclusive guest list? Well, that would be Ms. Anna Wintour! No idea? Ms. Anna Wintour, the editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine and author of The Devil Wears Prada, duh-skies! This year's theme for the Gala was "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" to honor the late designer. Mmm, savage!


Of course attendees were lookin' their hottest! I mean hello, this event is all about fashion -- you better be up to par! Toto, I don't think we're at the Oscars anymore... 

3. Ashley Olsen - I'm so proud of my girl Ash for coming out strong! She rocked that Christian Dior gown like no other. It's a simple LBD, yet so daring with those gorgeous, nude sleeves! Bar-maid couture anyone ;)? Her collarbones and full eyebrows are her best accessories, as she shows off her natural Olsen beauty. I don't care what the critics say, Ash's elegant look blew those prom princesses out of the water! 


 


2. Rumer Willis - Who knew Bruce could have such a style-savvy offspring? This edgy chica was wearing Badgley Mischka last Monday, and boy did she nail it! My favorite part of this dress is the embellished one-shoulder. Feathers and sequins and cut-outs -- Oh my! (I'm OD-ing on the Wizard of Oz references..) Rumer's gown compliments her chestnut red hair and creamy complexion beautifully. I can see why Badgley Mischka picked Rumey as their newest model!




1. Taylor Swift - I have come to the conclusion that I have a bias toward nude and black. But seriously, they just look so gorgeous together! Tay-tay is my number one favorite from the Met Gala. J. Mendel was the designer she chose, and I'm kind of obsessed. From the delicate lace shoulder to the endless layers of train, this dress is D-I-V-I-N-E. Pairing it with a soft up-do and classic red lips, Taylor made sure not to clash with J. Mendel's creation. 

Keep it on the DL!

Sincerely,
Nudey Black (Formerly known as Kelsey)

2 comments:

  1. hi, friend! i awarded you the stylish blogger award! check back to my blog to continue with the fun! :)

    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. how I would KILL for that Dior dress. mmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete